Salary Scale for Academic Year 2017-2018
|Resident Physician 1||$4,625.92||$55,511|
|Resident Physician 2||$4,779.33||$57,352|
|Resident Physician 3||$4,967.00||$59,604|
|Resident Physician 4||$5,163.08||$61,957|
- Additional stipends: $500/year educational, $4,900/year housing, $600/year licensing paid directly to residents by the Office of Graduate Medical Education in a lump sum payment on October 1.
Health, dental, vision insurance for resident and dependents at no cost.
- $50,000 life insurance plan for the resident with $100,000 double indemnity clause.
- Disability and malpractice insurance provided by UC San Diego.
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation each year in two 2-week blocks.
- Leave for illness, family medical emergencies, maternity/paternity per UC San Diego Internal Medicine House Staff Manual upon Program Director's approval.
- Food allowance for meals while on call.
- White lab coats and laundry services.
- 50% reduction in parking fees at UC San Diego Medical Center.
- Access to the
library resources of UC San Diego and the VA Medical Center onsite and
via internet from offsite.
Office of Graduate Medical Education
For More Information
More detailed information regarding salary scale, lump sum payments, and reimbursements is provided in the 2016-17 Salary, Lump Sums and Fee Reimbursement.pdf (PDF) document.
For samples of our contract, terms and conditions, intern appointment letter and intern acceptance letter, as well as more information concerning leave policy, professional liability insurance, health insurance, living quarters, on-call meals, uniform and uniform laundering, and visa requirements, please view the sample documents provided in the Terms and Conditions 2015.pdf document.